Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gluten Free No Bake Pumpkin Pie

     As the season is turning to fall I find myself obsessing over pumpkin. I am pumpkin crazy.
 Really. Pumpkin shakes, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, the list keeps going.  It is beyond good....in my opinion. One of my all time favorites is a no bake pumpkin pie. I am not sure where I obtained the original recipe but I have made some tweaks and I figure it's good enough to call my own. You will need to find the recipe for my almond meal crust in order to make this pie. It is in one of my previous posts.
     Here is the recipe for my pie filling:
                                                               1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
                                                               2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
                                                               1 teaspoon ground ginger
                                                               1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
                                                               1/2 teaspoon salt
                                                               1 can sweetened condensed milk
                                                               2 eggs, beaten
                                                               1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
    In sauce pan combine gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Stir in condensed milk and beaten eggs. Mix well. Let stand for about a minute. Place on burner over low heat. Stir constantly for 10 minutes until all gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is thick. Remove from heat. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into almond meal crust. (you can use a prepared graham cracker crust if you prefer if you are not Gluten free)Chill for 3 hours or until set.

That is all there is to it. My favorite pumpkin recipe! Hope you enjoy it, I always get compliments when I serve this pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment